Hi Everyone, first post, just got my first mac laptop, the Macbook Air 13", very nice. Lion is v.nice too, lots of nice features. First impressions, well:
Looks absolutely fantastic, fantastic screen. Seems to be quite powerful, does everything very quickly so far. The tasks so far (purchased yesterday afternoon), have been working with iPhoto, iMovie, Mail, Safari and iTunes. Looking at "Activity Monitor", there is still around 1.5GB of the 4GB of memory free. I also started a few other applications to throw into the mix, Pages and Numbers.
The SSD is fantastic as well. The startup and shutdown times of the laptop is pretty impressive. Shutdown is around one second, while startup is probably less than 30 seconds. Without knowing too much about what is under the covers of Lion, it would seem Lion has something to do with these impressive start and shut times.
Some points about LION:
It seems to be a well balanced operating environment and with the trackpad gestures, the user interface and user interaction is vastly improved. The combination of gestures, launch pad and mission control. These features make the experience of Lion a good one on this laptop. I must admit there were a few times when I was wanting to touch the screen, just as on the iPad.
I must admit I'm still getting used to this interface, but on a 13" laptop, I can imagine the experience will be a good one, unsure if the same experience will be found on a larger screen.
No comments:
Post a Comment